School Girl charm

Monday, February 21, 2011

Aurelia Rose

Today as I got ready to write this week's post, I began by reading back over all of your sweet comments last week after I announced our pregnancy news.  A big thanks to all of you that posted kind words of love and support!  Each comment brought me such warm feelings and tears of gladness at how truly loved we are.  What a blessing!  Thank you - Thank you - Thank you!!

Thanks also for your continued prayers.  I know at least some of you have been praying because I have felt a calmness this week - even in the midst of not knowing any news yet.  I didn't get to have my checkup on Tuesday because my doctor was sick and missed a few days of work.  And the soonest they could reschedule me was March 2nd!  Bummer!  I was SO looking forward to hearing the baby's heartbeat.  We were even going to take the kids since it was an evening appointment.  It would have been very neat to share that with them.  Thankfully I hadn't told them about that part yet - so they weren't disappointed. 

So - no news yet on when we will have our next sonogram.  But I'm trying to think positively.  The longer we wait, the more they will be able to tell us about the health of the baby overall.  And - if it's God's plan for this baby to have issues - I am glad to have a few weeks longer of not knowing.  

Today I want to share the Caring Bridge site of a sweet and beautiful family whose amazing baby girl was also diagnosed with acrania.  Here's a link to their site:  Aurelia Rose DeWolf

I found out about Katrina, Matt and their sweet Aurelia two weeks ago when I received an email from a dear friend of theirs named Sue:

"You don't know me but I want to thank you.  When I heard that Katrina, my best friends daughter was having her first baby ... we were all so excited for Katrina.  When she was about 14 weeks along she found out that the baby has  Acrania.  I had never heard of this.  By some miracle I was lead to your web site.  I forwarded your website to Katrina and Matt.  You have no idea how much it has helped them. I don't know if or when she herself will contact you but at some point I am sure she would like to thank you.  Your telling of your brave beautiful story made Katrina start her own story at caringbridge.org.  She is due to have the baby in about 4 week and it will be bittersweet.  Her last blog was she wishes she could be pregnant forever so she could protect her baby.  It  was so hard for us to read but so true as well.  Without the courage from your writings I know this journey that she has been on would have been so much harder.  She told me yesterday that she doesn't feel alone and that with her faith and the love and support of the people around her she will get through this.  She said that she goes back to your web site often when she needs strength.  Thank you thank you and may God bless you and your family. "

When I read this email - I just broke down sobbing for this family.  Why does this have to happen to other families?  And I fell down on my knees to pray for their family through my tears.  

And yet - I was so glad to know how Karinne's life and her story was helping them so much.  Giving them courage.  And hope.  And the belief that it's possible to find beauty in this impossible pain.

I have since emailed with Sue and also Katrina a little bit.  I asked if it would be okay for me to post about Aurelia and ask for prayers for her family.  Katrina was so grateful that I would be willing to do that.  So here we are.   Please take a minute to pray for Katrina and Matt as they near the end of their pregnancy with Aurelia.  Also if you can, please visit their site and leave them a message of support.  I know that those messages - from strangers, family and friends - were such heavenly blessings to us when they appeared on our Caring Bridge last year.  Please join me in doing the same for Katrina and Matt.


Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.                          2 Corinthians 1:3 & 4


3 comments:

  1. Hi Kara,
    Thanks for sharing and I did write on Katrina and Matt's page. Such saddness that I hear of this more and more. I have never of heard of this diagnosis until you had had to go through it. I now say a special prayer for all the families that have to go through this.

    Have a great day today and hugs to you this morning!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying through the tears as well! I remember writing that I wished to be able to carry Eli in my belly forever because I did not want to give him up. Bless this sweet family and kisses to Karinne for touching yet again another situation. God does not make mistakes and that is the hardest to accept sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kara,
    I am so sorry to hear about your baby. I know how you feel and can relate. I am 38 weeks pregnant and my baby was diagnosed with Acrania. I am scheduled to have a c-section on 4/22. I am so curious to know what your experience was like being pregnant.

    My baby is very active. She kicks all day and night, she moves alot. I mean, everything like a normal pregnancy. Did you feel lots of movement during your pregnancy?

    I've been praying to God for a miracle and will find out if she really has Acrania next Friday. My doctor chose for me to have a c-section just to be on the safe side and not to put any pressure on her head. Any information you can share would be great.

    This is my 3rd pregnancy- all girls. I've never had complications before.

    Thank you for your time.

    ReplyDelete