School Girl charm

Monday, October 25, 2010

Choosing Life in the Midst of an Adverse Pregnancy


This week I wanted to post a link to a radio series I listened to last week on the "Focus on the Family Daily Broadcast" called Choosing Life in the Midst of an Adverse Pregnancy.   Todd and Angie Smith discuss their decision to carry their daughter Audrey to term when they were advised by doctors to terminate the pregnancy because she would not survive outside the womb.  Todd is a singer in the christian music group Selah.  Their song "I Will Carry You" and Angie's book by the same name have both meant SO MUCH to me on this journey.  
My husband actually called me during the school day on Thursday to tell me that he was listening to this broadcast and he knew I would want to hear it.  What a sweetie!  I was so glad when I was able to listen to it later on their website.  Their candid conversation about their journey with Audrey was so similar in many ways to our own journey with Karinne.  It just really touched my heart and I wanted to share it with all of you.  Especially those who have or are currently experiencing something similar.  Each session is about 28 minutes long, but well worth listening to. 

God Bless!

PS - please say a little prayer for baby Anastasha's family - Craig and Tonya DeLisi and their 8 older children.  I've gotten to know this family through the Anencephaly Blessings From Above web forum.  Anastasha was diagnosed with anencephaly and Tonya is being induced tomorrow - October 26th.  Please pray that they would be blessed with precious time, beautiful memories, and a heavenly peace on the birth day of their sweet little girl!

3 comments:

  1. I was able to listen to that broadcast as well! That family has truly been a inspiration to ours as well! Praying for your friend tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw their post thru the ABFA email that she was born. ♥ Thinking of them.

    Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting these links!

    Definitely keeping their family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete